Better Hearing and Speech Month heroes
Each year, speech-language pathologists are recognized for their work during Better Hearing and Speech Month. At Infinity Rehab, fellow team members of our amazing SLPs nominated them as heroes for the work they do each day for our patients and residents.
Here is a recap of the nominees and an excerpt from what their nominators had to say about them.
Diane Webster, Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
“Diane makes time for our telehealth needs, providing much needed care here in the Columbia Gorge. She goes far beyond what is expected. The patients love her! (and so do we :))”
Esther Duke, Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
“Esther is an incredibly kind and giving person that leads her therapy sessions with her heart and knowledgeable background. She takes the time to meet her patients’ needs and is often sought out by families and staff members when there is a problem to be solved. Being an SLP in rehab often requires extra time and dedication, as there is only one on a rehab team. We all know we can count on her to be thorough and caring, and the patients smiles when they see her are the best indication of her work. She brings joy and goal reaching forward movement to the patients and her team.”
Teresa Wyzinsky, Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
“I have worked with Teresa for a few years at several buildings until she took another SLP position on the coast; she was over in lower and mid Washington, juggling 4 facilities and did an awesome job. She would even take the time to mentor other SLPs that were new to skilled nursing. She is great at her job and and so committed to her patients.”
Betty Erickson, Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
(1) “Betty is a superstar! She is leader in the SLP community assuring quality service provision occurs. She has been instrumental in supporting our programs through the reach of Telehealth services. She does so with such grace and kindness towards everyone. She has easily led new presenters, DORs and patients to place of comfort in this important service delivery method!”
(2) “She has always helped me and my team in Tacoma whenever we need it. Her wealth of knowledge and passion for her field is very apparent in everything she does.”
Laura Harper, Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
(1) “Laura is a dedicated SLP that has expanded her reach beyond her primary work settings. She serves her profession as a SLP and CF mentor. She is always eager to support others to share knowledge and provide support whether it be to students, CFs, new SLPs, COTAs, OTS, PTs or PTAs!
In addition to her SLP leadership, she easily steps in to the role of providing back up DOR support in programs. Laura has keen insight on how to guide others to assure we don’t miss a beat.”
(2) “Laura is amazing and has managed to maintain calm in the chaos. She is the primary SLP for two Rockwood sites and Sullivan Park. She has mentored a successful CF and is now mentoring a student. She covers for the DOR at RW sites. The list could go on. I am just so appreciative of her skills and professionalism and am so grateful to have her on my RW team.”
Blake McCann, Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
“Blake is very knowledgeable as an SLP, demonstrates good collaboration with other disciplines and helps out to cover at multiple buildings in the area.”
Rose McFadden, SLP
(1) “Hard working, excellent team player, helps/travels to multiple buildings. Knowledgeable and show good leadership skills across disciplines and takes in feedback.”
(2) “Rose works with a unique population. She is relentless in providing the best care for her folks and accommodating everything she can. She goes out of her way to provide top notch care with significant obstacles, including financial and language/cultural barriers.”
Lindsay Drayer, SLP
“She is motivated to work with her patients on meaningful goals that improve their quality of life. She’s helped clients reach some pretty incredible goals that have been life-changing for them. Her patients and their families (and her GJ team!) absolutely LOVE Lindsay!”
Alecia Arneson, SLP
“Alecia is a speech therapist who is not only well-rounded but also an excellent leader. She has extensive experience in diagnosing and treating speech and language disorders in the geriatric population, and is well-versed in a variety of therapy techniques and approaches.
Alecia is also an exceptional leader. She is dedicated to continuing education and keeping up-to-date with the latest research and developments in the field, which enables her to provide the highest quality care to her patients.”
Adrian Lopez, SLP
“Adrian is always willing to go above and beyond for the buildings he works in. Even though he was going to three buildings a day, he never complained and gave good care to his patients.”
Kimberly Bittner, SLP
“Kimberly saw a need for our patients who were struggling with dysphagia and not getting instrumentation studies in a timely fashion, so she advocated and arranged for a mobile FEES company to come on-site. Several times she identified residents who could use high-tech AAC and Kimberly worked hard on their behalf to secure a device that has improved her residents’ ability to communicate their needs and wants.”